I always liked the look of the first electric guitar Yamaha made and finally managed to buy one locally. It needed quite some work done to it and the bridge pickup was a non-original, low output pickup that did not match with the neck. The bridge had some non-original saddles and I was not able to locate the proper ones. The vibrato arm was missing and I made a new one from scratch. I also made a bridge pickup from scratch which turned out to be a nice match for the neck pickup. All in all, a satisfying project.
The full ‘restoration’ project is documented on the Offset Guitar Forum here:
Here some photos of the finished guitar.